This is a FIRST Robotics scouting app for Aerial Assist. It is used by Team291 - Creativity in Action (CIA). This app not only makes scouting data easily accessible, but also easily manageable.
Any FIRST Robotics team can use this app for scouting.
This app will create two XML files in a scouting folder in the root directory of your device. Here you can access the scouting data and export it wherever you like.
IMPORTANT: Although phones can use this app, this app is graphically optimized for TABLETS.
IMPORTANT: Please install master computer program on a computer that you will be taking to competition. You will need to export data from this app to compile it on the command line program.
***The link for this program: http://team291.org/files/CIA Scouting.zip
(Your browser may try to reject the download because its a zip folder with executable files in it, but I assure you there are no harmful software in this project).***
1) Students scout with the scouting app.
2) Once an alert pops up on the app to drop off at master computer, plug in device with app into master computer via USB
3) Go into the device default root memory directory and find the folder named "scouting"
4) Go into this folder and you should see either a "data.xml" file or a "a_data.xml" file
("data.xml" is for PIT scouting, whereas "a_data.xml" is for FIELD scouting.)
5) Run master computer program (which you can download at the link mentioned above in the asterisks) to sync data with the plugged in device.
6) Disconnect Device from computer, and go back to step 1.
(Once you have finished scouting, and you have synced all the data from your devices, you can use the master computer program to organize, manage, and interpret all of your scouting data.)